There is a function to Search and Replace one ingredient for another. Specifically:
1. Close any open Recipe.
2. Go to the "Database" ribbon and select "Search and Replace". For versions prior to version 11 click Database>Search and Replace
3. In the dialog that appears:
- Search For: Search for and select the specific item you wish to replace in the upper box.
- Replace With: Likewise, search for and select the specific item you would like to substitute in in the middle box.
- Choose which type of record you wish to perform the replacement.
4. Upon execution (OK) and confirmations, the program will straight swap the Search For item with the Replace With item.
NOTE: The search and replace affects all Recipes and is irreversible. The original amount & measure of the replaced ingredient is retained with the substitute ingredient.