You have two options:
- Create a new ingredient in the Food Processor
- Request that an ingredient be added to the database
Create a new ingredient
- Obtain the ingredient's nutritional data from a supplier or from the product's nutrition facts label.
- Open the Food Processor.
- On the Home Ribbon, click New > Ingredient.
- Name the Ingredient and enter a Quantity and unit of Measure. This should be on the supplier's spec sheet, or in the Serving Size of the Nutrition Facts panel.
NOTE: The unit of measure must be a weight, typically grams; this is the basis for scaling or using this ingredient in combination with other ingredients for an analysis.
- Enter as much of the nutrient data as you have available. If a nutrient is not reported, leave it blank. If it is reported as 0, enter the 0.
- Enter additional pertinent information as necessary.
- OK and Save as needed.
- Once saved, this ingredient will appear in searches among the ESHA ingredients.
If you can provide our Nutrition Team with the name and manufacturer of the product you need, we will attempt to look for the nutritional data and add it to the database. We do include some requested data with our software and database updates.