Food Processor is a bit unlike other software applications in that it is a database program by nature. As a result, when you enter a Recipe (or Ingredient) into the program, you are not actually saving files to your computer. Instead, you're saving records inside of a database.
As a result, you will not see files or folders on your computer; saving to a folder in the traditional sense does not apply.
You can, however, associate any Recipe (or Ingredient) to one or more Groups in the database. You can choose from the several Groups already in the database, or you can create your own. If you create your own, we suggest doing so under ‘Databases':
- Click Database> Modify.
- Click the Groups tab.
- Highlight the parent Group (‘Databases’) and click New.
- Follow the steps (a “folder” can contain additional groups if you wish to have a hierarchy).
Add a Recipe or Ingredient to a group
- Edit the Recipe (or Ingredient).
- Click the Groups page.
- Check the box(es) for the Group(s) to which this record should be associated.
You may filter your searches by Groups – either by excluding groups or including them.
To exclude groups when searching (refer to this kb article):
- On the Home tab of the ribbon, click My Preferences.
- Click the Groups to Exclude page.
- Each Group checked will be excluded from all searches.
Or, you may include groups when searching:
- When in the Open screen (or when adding an item to a Recipe), click the Advanced Search button.
- In Advanced Search Options, click Select to choose which Group(s) the search should be limited.
Note: excluded groups will win over included groups. In other words, if a group is excluded, even if you explicitly select to include it, the recipes (ingredients) will not appear in search results.